What is Wild Mountain Chocolate doing to keep you safe during the spread of COVID-19?
As with so many other small businesses regionally, across Canada, and worldwide, Wild Mountain Chocolate has been closely monitoring the spread of COVID-19.
We care about the safety of you, our consumers, our retailer partners, and their staff, our staff, and all the residents of this magical planet we call home.
With that in mind, we were careful to suspend our chocolate tastings on March 8 to ensure we didn't inadvertently share more than chocolate. Since then we have continued to be vigilant: frequent, open discussions with our staff about how to keep safe while restricting our visitor policy.
Firstly, we want to reassure everyone that food is safe – there is no evidence of this virus being transmitted through food. We, therefore, continue to make our delicious chocolate for you to enjoy – production is in full swing!
Second, we are committed to keeping our hardworking and dedicated team employed in order to minimize the financial hardship their families may face during this time. Of course, and most importantly, we want them to stay healthy.
Given that we are a licensed food production facility, of course, we enforce strict facility access, with handwashing and thorough sanitation protocols already in place.
We have strengthened our hygiene protocols further by:
- Adding an additional handwash station at our entrance.
- Added additional signage about personal cleanliness.
- Increased our daily sanitizing of handles, doors and touch surfaces.
- Practicing social distancing inside the factory.
- Discussing the importance of social distancing out-side of work so we all stay healthy.
- Holding meetings with external parties on the phone or online.
- When visitors have to come to the factory we have a visitor certification process where visitors have to sign off on a series of questions gauging their risk of exposure.
As Glen has suspended his travels, this provides a little more time to develop new products and initiatives. We look forward to announcing them when we are ready to go!
In the meantime, we continue to ship our chocolate and nibs to our retailers and encourage you to purchase through our online store.
The Wild Mountain Chocolate Team